The Bushland History
The genesis of Bushland Health Group Ltd is in a local association, Manning Valley Senior Citizens Homes, which was formed at a public meeting called by Dr Allen Muscio at which local Service Clubs nominated two members to become members of the Foundation Management Committee.
The association was incorporated on 8th June 1984 and changed the name to Bushland Health group Lit on 11th November, 2008. Successive Management Committees and Boards of Directors have accepted the challenges created by the growing and aging population of the Manning Valley. The following outlines the development of the Aged Care Facility and Retirement Living Services as we continue to meet the need and demand as it grows.
- Karingal Nursing Home opened in Manning Street, Taree
- Karingal Nursing Home extended to 47 beds
- Kempe family donated land for Bushland Place.
- Bushland Villa Unit Precinct commenced.
- Bushland Place Hostel
- Bushland Place Nursing Home
- CC Drury Precinct Jacaranda Avenue
- Kitchen and laundry transferred from Manning Street
- Karingal Nursing Home beds transferred from Manning Street
- CC Drury Precinct - Jarrah Place
- Banyula Village - Old Bar Villa Unit Program
- Banyula Village - Old Bar Apartments
- Banyula Vilage - Old Bar Village Centre
- Banyula Lodge - Stage 1
- Warrana Place
- Bushland Place and Karingal beds transferred to Karingal Gardens
- Commenced 5 year management under licence of Mayo Health Care operations
- Bushland Place Hostel - Memory Care Unit
- Banyula Lodge - Dementia Memory Care Unit
- The addition of 9 independent living units at Warrana Place
- Expansion and major renovation program of Bushland Place Hostel commenced (watch the news page for plans and progress)