Frequently Asked Questions

Residential Aged Care

What do I need to have to be eligible for residential aged care?

The first step in the process is to arrange an assessment with the Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT). Entry into residential care cannot occur without an assessment and an Aged Care Client Record..

How do I arrange for an appointment with the Aged Care Assessment Team?

To arrange for an assessment or for information about an assessment by ACAT, you can call MyAgedCare on 1800 200 422 or visit their website

Is short term residential care available?

Yes. Short term respite care is offered at all of our residential homes (minimum one week). An assessment by ACAT will be necessary for admission with respite care indicated on the Aged Care Client Record.

Do you offer dementia care?

All of our homes have secure memory care units and gardens for those residents that require this type of care.

I have read that you utilise the services of a Nurse Practitioner for resident care.

That is correct. We have employed a Nurse Practitioner for our three homes since 2009, bring one of the first residential Aged Care Providers in Australia to do so. Employing a Nurse Practitioner has been very beneficial for our residents as it allows them rapid access to primary health care.

We have received many awards for the work of the Nurse Practitioner in our homes, the latest being the National Innovation and Excellence Award  in 2017 from the Australian Aged Care Quality Agency, one of only two national winners of this inaugural award.

What fees are payable?

All residents are assessed to determine if they are eligible for Australian Government assistance with their fees. This assessment is undertaken by Centrelink and requires the completion of the Permanent Resident Aged Care – Request for a Combined Assets and Income Assessment (SA457) form. Centrelink will then advise both the resident and ourselves of the fees payable based on the information lodged with them.

It is essential this form is completed and lodged with Centrelink otherwise the resident  will not receive any Government assistance and will have to pay the full cost of both their care and accommodation, which can be quite substantial. 

For further information, please see section under Fees and Charges.